Sunday 29 January 2012

Re-use, Re-cycle & Re-invent...

Restored draws - daffodils & snowdrops

Re-invent an old set of draws with a fresh lick of paint and vintage style accessories...

My husband found this unwanted set of draws on the side of the road and brought them home so that we could give them a new lease of life..

First we painted the draws antique white... 
then sanded down the edges to give a shabby chic style...

We decided to keep the top natural by sanding it down and rubbing it over with some Danish Oil...

Red Decorative Knobs - Anthropologie
Pink Spotted Knobs - John Lewis

To finish we added some stylish knobs... 
I miss-matched mine to give a quirky vintage look...

So... be thrifty and have a go at recycling your old and unwanted household items... 
by turning them into new and desirable pieces for your home...

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous result, love those Anthropologie red knobs...I've an old pine set of drawers that I fancy painting F&B Arsenic green, maybe at half-term!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... I do love Anthropologie! Send me a tweet of your draws when you do them up, would love to see x

      Delete
  2. I am moving home and will have to pick up some second hand furniture, so this is very inspring for me. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pleased my post has inspired you :) I hope you are successful in finding some nice secondhand furniture! Thank you for your comment :)

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing your thoughts so why not leave a comment... I love reading them...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...