Thursday 5 January 2012

Twelfth Night...

 Its 'Twelfth Night'... 
and Christmas is officially over :( 
However I am managing to keep that Christmasy feeling with this delicious Christmas cake and sloe gin...

A handmade gift to me from my mam...

 For my gorgeous Christmas Cake my mam used Delia's Classic Christmas Cake recipe...

I love cherries so she added a few extra to my cake... and topped it with a marzipan layer decorated with stars...

...and to make the sloe gin...

Recipe (per bottle):
500g sloes – pricked /squeezed
250g sugar
Bottle of gin
Glass bottle

1. Prick the sloe berries lightly and put all the ingredients inside your bottle.
2. Shake the bottle each day for first 2weeks until the sugar dissolves, then leave to rest.
3. After 4-8 weeks filter using muslin to remove sediment.

So... I'm off to enjoy my gifts :)

I would love to hear your thoughts on the recipes...
So why not leave a comment below... alternatively you can tweet or fb me...

2 comments:

  1. yum, these look good. For the last 2 years I have planned to make a cake and not got round to it....hopefully 2012 will be 3rd time lucky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... I didn't make a cake either just ate my mams :) enjoyed doing that x

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing your thoughts so why not leave a comment... I love reading them...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...